You can easily change your summoner name (the name displayed in the game) in League of Legends. The first time you sign up for League of Legends, you have to select a summoner name and a username. Trends change over time league username lookup so the username you chose might not work for you anymore. This article aims to explain the intricacies of League of Legends’ names and how to change them.
How to Change Your Name in League of Legends
The summoner names were unlinked from usernames and regions if you haven’t played LoL for a while, resulting in an automatic username change. Affected users have received emails from RIOT advising them to change their usernames. No changes were made to summoner names as a result of this process.
There isn’t much difference between the two if you’re wondering what the difference is. As part of your LoL account login information, your username appears on battlefields (and in the chat) for your friends and enemies to see.While changing a summoner’s name can be done via the client, changing a summoner’s name can be done through the game’s interface. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Use your League of Legends account credentials to log in.
- The Store button can be found at the top-right of the screen. This is the icon that looks like a stack of coins in the top-right corner.
- You can access your Account by selecting Account in the top-right corner, below your current RP and BE balances.
- Choose Summoner Name Change from the menu. There is usually only one option available.
- You can change your summoner name for 1300 RP ($10 if you purchase the RP with the appropriate option) or 13900 BE.
How to Change Your Name in League of Legends for Free
You can waive the summoner name change fee if you want to make only small changes to your names, such as different spacing or capitalization. This way, you can change your name from “lovelyperson” to “lovelyperson.” The title line of your RIOT support ticket should be “SUBJECT: Summoner Name Change.”.
How to Change Your Name in League of Legends Wild Rift
It’s not the same as League of Legends, and you’ll need to use a Riot ID to link your accounts. Riot IDs are used for Wild Rift, Legends of Runeterra, and Valorant. Here’s what you need to do if you want to change your Riot ID:
- Visit the official RIOT login page here.
- For login, enter your username (the one you chose when you made the Account) and password.
- You can access RIOT ID by clicking the RIOT ID tab on the left side menu.
- You can change your Riot ID by clicking on the small Edit button on the right.
- Please enter your desired username and tag combination, then click Submit.
Due to the need for Riot IDs to be unique across all regions and players, some names might not be available. It is usually possible to solve a problem with a taken username by changing the tag.
How to Change Your Account Name in League of Legends
Your RIOT username may need to be changed or verified if you haven’t played League of Legends for a while. With this change, RIOT also switched the way usernames are handled globally, making it possible to connect multiple RIOT games with a single account. This page allows you to update your information if you do not receive such an email. RIOT will use the account name you update to log into all of its games, and it doesn’t have to be the same as your summoner name.